"Grieving" é uma música profundamente emotiva que explora o processo de enterrar algo que já chegou ao fim. Com uma melodia melancólica e letras introspectivas, a música captura a jornada emocional de deixar ir e lidar com as memórias de um passado que já não pode ser resgatado. Através de sua melodia cativante e letras evocativas, "Grieving" convida os ouvintes a confrontar suas próprias experiências de perda e transformação, oferecendo um espaço para reflexão e cura emocional. Seja através de seus acordes ressonantes ou de sua narrativa lírica, a música ressoa com qualquer pessoa que tenha passado pelo desafio de enterrar algo que já terminou.
[Verse 1]
Dear journal
There's a boy who lives in my mind
And I can't get him outta my thoughts
He's different from every boy I've ever met
The way that he treats me is special
It's like we have known each other for a whole life
[Verse 2]
Mom told me I deserve a better man
But I'm sure he's the right one for me
He makes my heart race, makes my body shake
The effect he has in me is inexplicably amazing
And I don't want it to end any time soon
[Chorus]
Dear journal
Should I give love a chance and run into his arms?
Should I be honest and tell him that I love him?
I'm afraid to hear a "no" and see him go away
But inside I think we both share the same emotion
It's a powerful and deep emotion called love
So why are we doing this to each other?
Just come for me and call me 'baby'
[Verse 3]
Dear diary
I'm losing control of myself for him
I never thought hurricanes could hit me
Love was never something I planned to feel
But here I am, smiling on my knees
It's strange to think about, but my heart is his
[Chorus]
Dear journal
Should I give love a chance and run into his arms?
Should I be honest and tell him that I love him?
I'm afraid to hear a "no" and see him go away
But inside I know we both share the same emotion
It's a powerful and deep emotion called love
So why are we doing this to each other?
Just come for me and call me 'baby'
[Ponte]
But I wonder if this love story will work
Sometimes I'm too much of a pessimist girl
But I just don't wanna risk myself that easily
[Chorus]
Dear journal
Should I give love a chance and run into his arms?
Should I be honest and tell him that I love him?
I'm afraid to hear a "no" and see him go away
But inside I know we both share the same emotion
Such a powerful and deep emotion called love
We should stop doing this to each other
Just hold me in your arms and I'll call you 'baby'