[Verse 1]
I know what I want
But I never have the focus to get
Feelings tied up, never having what it takes to let go
Bloodstained hands from a crime I dared to commit
[Verse 2]
Just a secret
But I don't know how far I'm willing to submit anymore
Exciting dawns but no empathy
I should imagine what it would cost me
[Pre-Chorus]
Feeling strange
Breathing calmly in the face of so many outbreaks
A white wall and your name written in blood
My nights are tormented in the midst of so many figures
A night's sleep has become a rarity
Wanting you away was a necessity, now a truth
[Chorus]
I wouldn't dare kill us if I knew you'd come back
I would think twice if I knew you would haunt me
My mind is playing tricks on me
I think I'm going crazy
My fear is taking over my whole body
I think I'm numbing
You're acting like you're alive
Why are you doing this to me?
[Verse 3]
Staring at me coldly in the mirror
I'm sweeping it all under the rug without thinking
Creating escape plans, but my insecurity always makes me fail
Heavy eyes and tormented thoughts that make me go back
Your voice is sharp as a blade
The moment I hear it my heart bleeds
I can hear your footsteps in the distance, your persistence is so cruel
You interpret my features and yet you insist on haunting me
[Pre-Chorus]
Feeling strange
Breathing calmly in the face of so many outbreaks
Your touch and your face in a fixed nightmare
My nights are tormented in the midst of so many figures
A night's sleep has become a rarity
Wanting you dead was a necessity, now a truth
[Chorus]
I wouldn't dare kill us if I knew you'd come back
I would think twice if I knew you would haunt me
My mind is playing tricks on me
I think I'm going crazy
My fear is taking over my whole body
I think I'm numbing
You're acting like you're alive
Why are you doing this to me?
[Bridge]
I light candles and beg for things I'm not even sure I believe
I would like to put an end to this, but I am guilty and afraid
Wandering through the dark, I'm tired of fearing
You can't blame me for trying to understand
You ended up promising that you would be understanding
Now it's haunting me for an unreal reason
[Final Chorus]
I wouldn't dare kill us if I knew you'd come back
I would think twice if I knew you would haunt me
My mind is playing tricks on me
I think I'm going crazy
My fear is taking over my decisions
I think I'm numbing
You're acting like you're alive
Why are you doing this to me?
[Other]
Your dead heart insists on returning to my hand
This shouldn't be about revenge, it's about liberation
I'm tired of being tied to your choices when I have my own way
You want to distort the narrative, but unfortunately you will do it yourself
Acting like you in my heart are aliveWhy are you doing this to me?