(Intro)
Every word I speak
Every step that I take
(That's when) that's when I
When I breathe your air
(Verse 1)
United by our bodies chemistry,
They wouldn’t know how to unravel our secrets
The first ringing announced the brand was permanent,
And yet you didn’t chose to leave it
You took my elixir to your cabin,
Giving me in return the addiction to having it
You graced my face with your hands,
The harshness made me wait for more of it
(Pre-chorus)
So listen to my voice once again
Don’t let the garden grow again
(Chorus)
Go up the hills with me, I’ll take you to the hiding place
I can show you the sky to melt while I keep you warm
I know you like no one else, even when you feel like a mystery
I am the amulet you want to carry on your chest,
And in the springtime of a voodoo, I’m still your weakness
(Verse 2)
I keep my desire so you can unlock it,
Just say my name and release him
Show what others taught you these times we were far
Draw your demand on my skin,
This period made you have enough.
So, by the night, pray for me
Put your hands on the bedpost,
And make yourself echo
Keeping your body warm, love
I’m coming to feel you closer
(Pre-chorus)
So listen to my voice once again
Don’t let the garden grow again
(Chorus)
Go up the clouds with me, I’ll take you to the softest place
I can show you the sky to melt while I keep you warm
I know you like no one else, even when you feel like a mystery
I am the amulet you want to carry on your chest,
And in the springtime of a voodoo, I’m still your weakness
(Bridge)
And while I feel the stream wet my body
I can’t help thinking
Where have you been,
(I think) In what made you go, love
(I think) In what made you come back
And if something can make you go again
Don’t leave me alone in this house for another season
Please, love, make me your biggest reason
The biggest reason to stay under your body
The only faithful holder of your heart,
This will always be me, love
(Chorus)
So stay here with me, I’ll keep you in this lavender haze
I can love you all over again, so just keep your heart into mine
I know you like no one else, even when you feel colder sometimes
I'm the amulet you want to carry on your chest,
I'm the man you'll always want the best
And in the springtime of a voodoo, I’m still your weakness
I'm still who you cry out at dawn, love
“"In the Springtime of a Voodoo" é o quarto single oficial do álbum "Tenderness Fade", lançado no dia 7 de Novembro de 2024 (Ano 13) pelas gravadoras Wild Music Group e The Flame Recordings e produzido por Alec Weaver e Nick Diaz.
A canção é descrita como o retorno de um amor “perdido”. Depois de um bom tempo, o encontro acontece e o amor é sentido intensamente como antes. Uma das canções com a presença da paixão, do sexo e do amor, aqui o eu-lírico está cegamente apaixonado novamente pela pessoa que ele já amava antes. Aqui, os dois têm um diálogo franco, e logo se entregam a emoção.
Alex fala sobre a canção, em entrevista a uma revista americana: “Eu tentei captar o momento que tudo isso volta. Toda aquela magia, aquela esperança… mas também a dúvida. ‘O que será que pode estar no caminho agora? Eu posso fazer algo errado?’ eram os pensamentos mais frequentes, mas nessa parte a entrega ao momento era mais importante.”
O amor e a dúvida estavam presentes, junto com o desejo de fazer tudo dar certo dessa vez.”