"Essa música traz uma confissão mais complicada pra mim. Eu sempre vi o amor como o princípio nas conexões entre pessoas, mais enfaticamente no amor conjugal em si. O sexo seria uma consequência, e não estaria acima de nada que o amor é.

Mas, bem… o amor chega (ou parece chegar), e então você percebe que o sexo parece ser algo tão, mas tão exaustivamente colocado como princípio… e bem, você se envolve com caras que apenas te querem para satisfazerem essa “necessidade” deles, e muitas vezes você não se sente seguro pra se sobrepor ou sair dessas relações, mesmo que isso não fale nada sobre você, seus princípios e sentimentos.

Aqui, eu reflito sobre relacionamentos que foram assim, mais especificamente os ultimos, mas com um sentimento de ultraje para mostrar que não desejava mais isso e que prefiro seguir fiel ao que eu acho justo no que se diz ao que eu acredito.

É uma canção meio complicada de lidar por ser bem sensível, então para o lançamento do single ela veio numa roupagem bem influenciada pelo pop-rock e pop convencional, e por um clipe também mais sensual para ressignificar ela de certa maneira em mim."

(Verse 1)
Soft touches on a comfortable bed
You tell me love's ceaseless poetry
Puttin' your arms above me
And saying it justifies your misbehavior

Takin' my lips where I don't want them to go
You keep your voice in my ear, baby
Saying you're the one who controls me in integrity
Even when I feel out of my own skin

(Pre-chorus)
If you only wanted someone to satisfy
Your hunger, your anxiety
Your ego, your insecurity
You shouldn't call me love
You shouldn't call it love

(Chorus)
And maybe it's interesting to be so reckless
Hiding your behavior in a strident smile,
But with hands dirty enough to understand your tales
And maybe it's fun, oh
Turning the pages and then turning other faces
Laughing at crossroads and then putting yourself inside others
But I'm tired of being your sexual toy
There's no joy in any word you say, boy

(Verso 2)
You hold me in these needs
Fingers on my lips, no passion when you touch me deep
My eyes can tell you so many things,
But narcissism just keeps me outside your thinking

I just wanted some of your voice
When these dawns sound so lonely,
When the fire seems to ask me for an incessant flood,
But all I get are merciless whispers

(Pre-chorus 2)
So you only wanted someone to fill
Your desire, your instincts
Your head, your bed sheets
So you shouldn't call me, love
And I shouldn't insist, boy

(Chorus)
Guess it's interesting to be so reckless
Hiding your behavior in a strident smile
But with hands dirty enough to understand your tales
And maybe it's fun, for sure,
Turning the pages and then turning other faces
Laughing at crossroads and then putting yourself inside others
But I'm tired of being your sexual toy
There's no joy in any word you say, boy

(Bridge)
It’s strange to know your eyes are so empty,
Your features keeps me asking for more, and that's wrong
You covered my body with words,
So then you'd take away any trace of intimacy,
And I seem so deceived, even when everything seemed so clear,
Was I just another spark that lit your tension for a moment, dear?

(Spoken — Radio)
You felt like love,
But I was just a toy

(Chorus)
So, well, maybe it's interesting to be so reckless
Oh, you hide your behavior in a strident smile
But with hands dirty enough to understand your tales
Oh, maybe it's fun,
Turning the pages and then turning other faces
Laughing at crossroads, then putting yourself inside other dreamers
But I'm tired of being your sexual toy
There's no joy in any word you say to me and them, boy

(Outro, with piano fade-out — Unknown Voice)
Well…
I think he fucked you,
Then just wanted to leave
And you seem bad now
Well, fuck it, though
Just preserve yourself…