
(Verse 1 â Alex Fleming)
I could take you through the stones I've walked
That pave my line of thought, my experiences all along
Through every sense, every instinct
Sighed by an icy voice so triggered
In painful and conflicting wounds
In times when action overcame reaction
With doubts so clear in limpid eyes,
Does my lips tell you more than that?
(Pre-chorus â Alex Fleming)
There's more under these layers,
But I keep them locked away
With a bit of these signs,
Could you still be right beside me?
(Chorus - Alex Fleming)
I've made you know less,
Just so it doesn't spread like I did before
'Cause with unexpected storms,
That can suspend us in distress
And if the breeze should brighten you up,
Don't let it wait for you, oh
'Cause if I don't surrender
What's sure will keep you safe
(Verse 2 - Ashford)
My memories disturb me like a whistle
And the present takes me away little by little
I see all the path I've walked and I hold the words in my mouth
'Cause there were just two footprints and a bunch of rubble I never talked about
If there's anything to say, I don't think I've ever been so blue
No matter what's ahead, I just want to go like a fool
(Pre-chorus â Both)
Unpredictability is imminent,
My choices are attached to my skin
Oh, I still protect you,
But for how long it can be like this?
(Chorus - Both)
I've made myself like this
So I wouldn't hurt anyone but me
But with your unexpected love,
My behavior made it all a stress
So if the breeze brighten you up,
Don't let it wait for you, oh
'Cause if I don't surrender
What's sure will keep you safe enough
(Bridge - Alex & Ashford)
Even alone, I remember that day
The day I said I didn't want to stay
I went barefoot and went my way
Not looking back, I've chose not to stay
Your glance is ocean blue, it fits my point of view
Now I surrender, but not for me and you
(Chorus â Both)
I've made myself like this
So I wouldn't hurt anyone but me
But with your unexpected love,
My behavior made it all a stress
Now the breeze brighten you up,
So don't let it wait for you, oh
'Cause I'm not what you need
And what's sure will keep you safe enough
(Outro - Alex)
In case I get lost in the crowd,
Among my shards, my cracks,
It's just part of the life I chose
Don't you cry, it's never enough