
BRUTAL é o single de estreia da cantora e compositora britânica Jules, lançado em 09 de abril de 2026 pelo selo Innersound. A obra transita entre o hyperpop e o alternative, explorando texturas do rock experimental. Visualmente, o projeto conta com a produção de Tammy e Lyra.
Escrita e produzida integralmente pela artista, a faixa é um exame visceral sobre a comercialização da identidade e a pressão sufocante da indústria musical. BRUTAL marca o nascimento de Jules não como uma promessa, mas como um corpo que reage. É uma análise crua sobre o peso de ser moldada pelo olhar alheio e a necessidade de costurar as próprias feridas para que a beleza, ainda que artificial, prevaleça, mesmo enquanto as vértebras estalam sob a demanda incessante.
Verse 1:
Learned too young to stitch the wound before I’d even bled
Iron out the flaws, make the beauty last
Clinical smile, a scripted face
Vertebrae snapping all over the place
They call it "demand", I call it a cage
I’m just a ghost on a digital stage
Recognize me? 'Cause I don't, no
Selling my fallout, watch the price grow
Pre-Chorus:
No time to take root, no
I was harvested, I was used, oh
Glass in my throat, splintering loud
Can’t hear my voice, just the sound of the crowd
And I learned where to sever the nerve
Yeah, I get exactly what I deserve
(extraction... extraction...)
Chorus:
IT’S BRUTAL
I’m just a body, yeah, I’m just a body (Body!)
IT’S BRUTAL
They wanna watch me, yeah, they wanna watch ME
And it’s brutal, and it’s brutal (More than usual)
Tapping on the glass, looking for a reaction
Yeah, IT’S BRUTAL, very BRUTAL
Everything is fake, I’m a fucking attraction
(One more time)
IT’S BRUTAL
IT’S BRUTAL
IT’S BRUTAL
Verse 2:
"You’re so mature", no, I’m just old
Trauma-dated, yeah, I’m bought and sold
Pressure is a needle, right in my eye
High-speed engine, I don’t even try
Fluorescent halls, white noise, static
Everything I do is so... erratic
I don't trust the mirror, it’s a lie, it’s a fake
Just another autopsy for them to take
Bridge:
Am I enough?
Am I a product?
They don't want the song, they want the trauma for the stream
They’re not signing a star, they’re just buying a scream
Digging through my guts just to find a viral hook
I’m a fucking carcass, go ahead and take a look...
Chorus:
IT’S BRUTAL
I’m just a body, yeah, I’m just a body (Body!)
IT’S BRUTAL
They wanna watch me, yeah, they wanna watch ME
And it’s BRUTAL, and it’s BRUTAL (More than usual)
Tapping on the glass, looking for a reaction
Yeah, IT’S BRUTAL, very BRUTAL
Everything is fake, I’m a fucking attraction
(One more time)
IT’S BRUTAL
IT’S BRUTAL
IT’S BRUTAL
I just stopped believing.
(It’s brutal)