[Verse 1]
I don’t usually say when something bothers
Especially when I’m trapped inside things that take some hours
But it’s impossible not to reflect on what’s happening
And it's like we're closer to it, but…
You seem far bolder than you used to be
And that bothers me more than anything

[Verse 2]
You’re unbearable
Enjoying new bodies just because it takes kinda “remarkable”
While I only wish I could tear down the wall between us
Just to hurt you before I lose you, and take you for a fool
Even if my dignity gets done, I want your thoughts gone

[Pre-Chorus]
I have the bare minimum in my hands
Just a few diamonds across my body
And a mind highly dependent on pornography
Send me whatever you think can still be changed,
We can try to get used to it

[Chorus]
And it’s alright if you don’t want to get close to me
You can offer me everything
But nothing will ever be enough to satisfy what I need,
When I picture you with somebody else in some evening
Even if I’ve done worse things before
Isn’t it cynical to demand honesty in this tone?

[Verse 3 – BRUCE]
It’s in your actions
In the meticulous way you drive me
I try to prove it, your unconventional theater
How could I resist t
What goes always comes back, what goes always comes back
It’s not lost in memory, you act as if I needed it
As if I wanted it, the cards are on the table and everything sounds so cynical

[Pre-Chorus – BRUCE]
I don’t know if you’re still around
The walls keep our words hidden in a cloth
Do you like the way you behave?
Do you like the way I say it's okay?

[Chorus]
And it’s alright if you don’t want to get close to me
You can offer me everything
But nothing will ever be enough to satisfy what I need,
When I picture you with somebody else in some evening
Even if I’ve done worse things before
Isn’t it cynical to demand honesty in this tone?

[Bridge – BRUCE]
The facades you create, the lie sleeping beneath your pillow
It’s fine to act like you don’t want it
To act like I’m just bitter
Darling, you’re trapped inside me
But everything is gone now, tied to my ghost in a twist
Isn’t it cynical to ask anything from what doesn't exist?

[Chorus]
And it’s alright if you don’t want to get close to me
You can offer me everything
But nothing will ever be enough to satisfy what I need,
When I picture you with somebody else in some evening
Even if I’ve done worse things before
Isn’t it cynical to demand honesty in this tone?